The new Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarships is now available on offer for African Students for the academic year 2018/2019.
The Edufrica Scholarship is an annual scholarship open to students in undergraduate, master’s, MBA and PhD programmes within and outside Africa
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
This is the most important consideration for the scholarship. They will select those who have demonstrated excellence in their studies.
Service to the community
Applicants should demonstrate ways they have contributed to their community. Both community and contribution are defined very broadly and
- An applicant must be a citizen of an African country; if you are studying overseas, you must be doing so as an international student with your home country’s passport.
- Permanent residents of non-African countries do not qualify.
- You must have spent at least one year in your current program and be able to produce transcripts if shortlisted.
- You must complete all sections of the application form and be ready to produce documents for your claims (e.g. proof of registration at a university)
- You must be registered in an accredited university either in Africa or overseas and be enrolled full time in the university.
- Your essays must be within the word limit. One of the ways to demonstrate intelligence is to communicate concisely and effectively. They won’t be impressed by flowery language. Keep it short and straightforward.
Method of Application
Complete the application form. As part of the application process, you also need to submit one essay. Write an essay discussing your dream for the continent or your country and your role in it. What do you wish to see? What do you wish different stakeholders on the continent would do? What do you want to do after graduation? (max. 500 words) Hardship scholarship only: Please describe the nature of the hardship and why you do not have any other way of raising funds to address it.
Scholarship Application Deadline July 25, 2018